Designed for installations requiring a fire and smoke door set that opens in either direction, this versatile interior double acting fire door set has a 30 minute fire resistance rating (FRR). It is manufactured with a solid composite timber core and an integral MDF face layer (S-CORE). Unless you request a special finish, this door will be supplied sealer coated on both faces, ready for priming and painting. For applications where the door has to match other architectural features, we can apply a specified veneer or overlay (laminate, vinyl or steel) to the faces. Inlay panels or planted detail can also be affixed on request, to suit heritage buildings. This is a hung door, which means it is supplied as a complete fire door set - door leaf, door jamb, seals and, when requested, appropriate hardware.
Our most popular 30 minute FRR double acting interior fire, smoke and acoustic door set, the I-30-D is available in singles or pairs. This door leaf is a solid composite timber core faced with an integral MDF layer (S-CORE). This doorset includes transom hardware, (floor springs are available please refer to NZFD). The standard door set is supplied sealer coated on both faces, or you can specify a facing and/or kickplate.
- Leaf sizes up to 2200 high x 1200 wide per leaf (singles up to 2350 high x 1127 wide)
- Thickness 55 mm
- Weight 24.3 kg /m2
- Acoustic values are difficult to achieve with double acting doors as it is not possible to fit drop sill seals to the door bottoms
- Paint quality factory sealed
- Timber veneer full height
- High pressure laminate full height
- Vinyl to 1000 mm
- 1 mm stainless steel kickplate to 1000 mm – both sides
- "U" Groove (5mm w x 2.5mm d) and decorative beading options available
- NZFD Bullnose (Aluminium)
Pyro 15 mm fire glass is used for all options. In addition to the standard options shown below, we offer bespoke designs that are available on request from our sales team. The maximum glazed area's are detailed below, subject to minimum clearances.
30mm Timber jambs, 60 mm head standard (types 1, 2 & 3), min jamb width 115 mm (other timber options available by request)
or 1.6 mm electrogalv steel (type 8), paint quality or powdercoat options available
T1 – Timber
Timber flat for architrave
T8 – Steel
The I-30-D is available in a range of sidelight and overlight combinations that are generally made to order. If you require a sidelight or overlight, please contact a member of our sales team to discuss and confirm specific design and pricing details.
- Max overall combined height 3000 mm.
- Perimeter timber 45 mm and transom midrail 60 mm.
- No limit to overall width.
- Each module is limited by weight, transport and on site handling capabilities
- Max door height 2200 mm
- Sidelights with optional mid rail – consider manifestation needs
The minimum requirement is for a fire door to be self-closing and self-latching. With our double acting doors the closers are the pivot mechanisms, which are already fitted. Hardware must be selected from NZ Fire Doors’ Approved Hardware list from the column ‘30 min’. Fitting any hardware that inhibits self-closing or self-latching is not approved by NSZ4520
IMPORTANT: Fitting untested or inappropriate hardware may affect the performance of the door and will void the warranty.